The difference between gear oil and hydraulic transmission oil is the two kinds of oil products that are commonly used and in large demand in hydraulic engineering machinery and equipment. It not only acts as a substance in the work to carry out the transmission and transformation of kinetic energy in machinery and equipment, but also has lubrication and refrigeration. , Cleaning and sealing effect, so it is called the bloody night of construction machinery and equipment.
Anti-wear hydraulic oil and hydraulic transmission oil have completely different uses and properties for construction machinery oils. The two cannot be mixed together, let alone substitute for each other.
For example, if hydraulic oil is used instead of hydraulic transmission oil, the lighter ones will make the hydraulic and hydraulic transmission system insufficient, and the power will not work normally; the heavy ones will cause severe early mechanical wear and make the expensive oil pumps and oil motors hydraulically change. Important parts such as torque converters and automatic gearboxes are worn out and scrapped, causing major economic losses to the country.
What causes such consequences?
We analyze and compare the characteristics of hydraulic oil and hydraulic transmission oil, and it is not difficult to find out the reason.
1. Due to the low viscosity index of hydraulic oil and poor viscosity-temperature performance, when the temperature exceeds 80°C, it exceeds its use range, and its viscosity decreases rapidly, making the oil thinner.
2. The sealing performance of thinned oil is greatly reduced, the leakage is serious, and the volumetric efficiency is reduced. The oil cannot build up the pressure during normal use, causing the system to fail to work.
3. The thinned oil cannot establish sufficient oil film strength, which will cause dry friction of the moving parts, accelerate the wear of the parts. At the same time, after a large number of small metal particles enter the oil, the oil pollution will be accelerated. This is the machine part. The reason for the damage and scrapping.
4. The operating temperature range of hydraulic oil is narrow. Compared with hydraulic transmission oil, it has poor anti-foam performance. When working in torque converter, coupling, and power steering system, the foam cannot transmit functions, so the machinery is changed. The output is weak, the power drops or even can’t work.
5. Due to poor thermal stability and oxidation resistance, the oil will quickly oxidize and deteriorate, which will increase the pollution of the oil, and the contaminated oil will accelerate the wear of the parts, which forms a vicious circle.
6. Due to poor thermal stability and oxidation resistance, the oil will quickly oxidize and deteriorate, which will increase the pollution of the oil, and the contaminated oil will accelerate the wear of the machine parts, which forms a vicious circle.
Post time: Jun-07-2021