Drag Chain Cable
Drag chain cable
When the equipment unit needs to move back and forth, in order to prevent the cables from being entangled, worn, pulled off, hanging and scattered, the cables are often placed in the cable drag chain to protect the cable, and the cable can also move back and forth with the drag chain. A special high-flexible cable that can follow the drag chain to move back and forth without being easy to wear is called drag chain cable, usually it can also be called drag cable, tank chain cable.
Drag chain cables are mainly used in: industrial electronic systems, automatic generation lines, storage equipment, robots, fire fighting systems, cranes, CNC machine tools and metallurgical industries.
1. Tensile Center
In the center of the cable, according to the number of cores and the space between each core wire as much as possible, there is a real centerline filling (instead of filling with some filler or waste plastic made of garbage core wire as usual. ) This method can effectively protect the stranded wire structure and prevent the stranded wire from drifting to the central area of ??the cable.
2. Conductor structure
The cable should choose the most flexible conductor. Generally speaking, the thinner the conductor, the better the flexibility of the cable. However, if the conductor is too thin, the cable entanglement will occur. A series of long-term experiments have provided the best diameter, length and pitch shield combination of a single wire, which has the best tensile strength.
3. Core insulation
The insulating materials in the cable must not stick to each other. Moreover, the insulating layer also needs to support each single strand of wire. Therefore, only high-pressure molded pvc or tpe materials can be used in the application of millions of meters of cables in the drag chain to prove its reliability.
4. Stranded wire
The stranded wire structure must be wound around a stable tensile center with the best cross-pitch. However, due to the application of insulating materials, the stranded wire structure should be designed according to the motion state, starting with 12 core wires, because the stranding method should be used.
5. Inner sheath Armour-type extruded inner sheath replaces cheap wool materials, fillers or auxiliary fillers. This method can ensure that the stranded wire structure will not be scattered.
6. The shielding layer is tightly braided outside the inner sheath with an optimized braiding angle. The loose braid will reduce the protective ability of the emc and the shielding layer will soon fail due to the fracture of the shield. The tightly woven shield layer also has the function of resisting torsion.
7. Outer sheath The outer sheath made of different improved materials has different functions, such as anti-uv function, low temperature resistance, oil resistance and cost optimization. But all these outer sheaths have one thing in common, high wear resistance, and will not stick to anything. The outer sheath must be highly flexible but also have a supporting function, and of course it should be high-pressure forming.
Installation and precautions
Since the 1980s, industrial automation has often overloaded the energy supply system, causing the cable to fail to work properly. In some serious cases, the cable “spinning” and breaking caused the entire production line to stop, causing huge economic losses. .
General requirements for drag chain cables:
1. The laying of towline cables cannot be twisted, that is, the cable cannot be unwound from one end of the cable drum or cable reel. Instead, the cable reel or cable reel should be rotated first to unwind the cable. If necessary, the cable can be unrolled or suspended. The cable used for this occasion can only be obtained directly from the cable roll.
2. Pay attention to the minimum bending radius of the cable. (Relevant information can be found in the flexible drag chain cable selection table).
3. The cables must be laid loosely side by side in the drag chain, separated as much as possible, separated by spacers or penetrated into the separation cavity of the bracket void, the gap between the cables in the drag chain should be at least 10% of the cable diameter.
4. The cables in the drag chain must not touch each other or be trapped together.
5. Both points of the cable must be fixed, or at least at the moving end of the drag chain. Generally, the distance between the moving point of the cable and the end of the drag chain should be 20-30 times the diameter of the cable.
6. Please make sure that the cable moves completely within the bending radius, that is, it cannot be forced to move. In this way, the cables can move relative to each other or the guide. After a period of operation, it is best to check the position of the cable. This inspection must be performed after the push-pull movement.
7. If the drag chain breaks, the cable also needs to be replaced, because damage caused by excessive stretching cannot be avoided.
trvv: copper core nitrile PVC insulated, nitrile PVC sheathed drag chain cable.
trvvp: copper core nitrile PVC insulated, nitrile PVC sheath, soft sheath tinned copper wire mesh braided shielded drag chain cable.
trvvsp: copper core nitrile polyvinyl chloride insulated, nitrile polyvinyl chloride sheathed twisted overall shielded drag chain cable.
rvvyp: copper core nitrile mixed special insulation, nitrile mixed special sheath oil-resistant general-shielded drag chain cable.
Conductor: Multiple strands of ultra-fine finely stranded oxygen-free copper wire with a diameter of 0.1 ± 0.004 mm. If you have special needs, you can choose other types of copper wires according to customer technical indicators.
Insulation: special mixed nitrile polyvinyl chloride material insulation.
Color: According to customer’s specification.
Shield: Tinned copper wire mesh weave density above 85%
Sheath: Mixed nitrile polyvinyl chloride special bend-resistant, oil-resistant, wear-resistant and waterproof jacket.